|History of Multan a painting|
- Multan is said to be "Oldest Living City in the World". History of Multan date backs to 5000BC. Multan has agreement of sister city of Rome, Itly.
- Multan mythologicallly dates back to Noah’s time when it is said that his son came and settled here
- Multan city originated thousands of years ago and is linked with the non -Aryan civilization flourishing in Sindh Valley 5000BC, before and during Mohenjodaro and Harrapan Indus Valley civilizations between 2000-2500 BC
- The Achaemenid Empire stretched from west in Greece and Multan was the extreme eastern end of the empire between 550 -330 BC.
- It is said Rig Veda was written in place now called Multan
- Alexander the Great captured Multan and established it as a Satrap between 320-325 BC
- They were overthrown by the Bactrian’s.this is the first time that an Indian empire ruled Multan
- The Kushan tribes ruled this region from 30 BC for over 400 years till 470 AD
- Followed by the White Huns from 470-550 AD
- Chach, a Hindu Braham who remained in power till 671 A.D
- The famous Chinese pilgrim and traveler Hieum Tsang visited Multan during this period when Buddhism was the flourishing religion of the rulers. The city was mentioned as Mulasthanpura a name which subsequently became Multan.
- Muhammad Bin Qasim marched towards Multan in the 8th century and the city came under the direct control of Caliphate of Baghdad
- Sultan Mahmud of Ghazni invaded Multan in 1005
- Followed by the rule of the Ghauri Empire and subsequently the Tughlaq Empire of the Dehli Sultanate
- However between 1206-1227AD and 1437–1527AD Multan continued to be a separate kingdom under Nasiruddin Qabacha and the Langar’s. Several of Multan’s tombs and shrines constructed during this period are outstanding examples of pre Mughal Muslim Architecture.
- Babar invaded India in 1526 and this marked the beginning of Mughal Rule. Multan was governed initially by Mirza Askari brother of Humayum subsequently by Kamran Mirza when Humayun was Emperor
- Between 1540-43 Sher Shah Suri took over the governance
- Then province was reoccupied by Mughal Emperor Akbar in 1555
- Multan to the Afghan King, Ahmed Shah Abdali, in 1752 A.D
- Ranjit Singh finally annexing Multan in 1818 from Muzafar Khan Sadozai called Battle of Multan
- The English captured the city in 1849 A.D called Siege of Multan
- It became part of Pakistan 1947.
|History of Multan goes back to Naoh?|
|History of Multan: Alexander the great invaded India and tried to capture capital of the Mallians modern Multan 320-325 BC|
|The famous Chinese pilgrim and traveler Hieun Tsang visited Multan during this period when Buddhism was the flourishing|
|Sultan Mahmud of Ghazni invaded Multan in 1005|
|History of Multan : Ghori invaded Multan|
|History of Multan: Tughluk ruled Multan and Muhammad Tughluk was born in Kotla Toley Khan in Multan|
|History of Multan: 1206-1227AD and 1437–1527AD Multan continued to be a separate kingdom under Nasiruddin Qabacha and the Langar’s.|
|Babur invaded India in 1526 AD Multan was governed by Mirza Askari that era|
|Hamayun was emperor if India Multan was governed by Kamran Mirza|
|Between 1540-43 Sher Shah Suri took over the governance|
|History of Multan : Akbar took control of Multan 1555 AD|
|Ranjit singh captured Multan from Muzaffar Khan Sadazai in 1818 AD|
|History of Multan : Mool Raj was appointed as Governer of Multan by Ranjit Singh|
|History of Multan : British occupied Multan after a bloody battle 1840 AD|
|History of Multan : It became part of Pakistan 1947|