Thursday, September 26, 2013

60 percent subsidy on Drip Irrigation System Installation in Multan

MULTAN : Punjab govt would provide help in installation of drip irrigation system over an area of three thousand acres in Multan region under water management project. According to agriculture department,government would offer 60 percent subsidy on installation of drip irrigation system while the rest of 40 percent cost would be paid by intending farmers. This was stated by regional deputy project director,high efficiency irrigation system Ghulam Shabbir while talking to assistant director information agriculture,Naveed Asmat Kohlun.
Naveed Asmat informed that Punjab government was offering the facility in 36 districts of the province.He observed that installation of the sprinkle system would help in effective utilisation of available water. He urged farmers to apply for installation of the sprinkle system and the farmers facing irrigation problems would be provided the sprinkler on priority basis.
Application forms could be obtained from regional project director office,district officers and naib district officer offices.
Naveed Asmat explained that sprinkler system could enhance the efficacy of fertilizers considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment